Frequently Asked Questions
Registrations for the upcoming school year will be accepted from early February to mid-April each year. The process first includes new families attending an Information Session. Please visit the admissions page for more information.
Please note that registration does not guarantee enrolment. The schools will contact all families at the end of April to inform them of their enrolment status, accepted or declined.
If you have any questions please contact the Admissions Director. 780.408.7933 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid-year admissions and late registrations are considered on a case by case basis and only if space permits.
Please call or email us if you’d like to apply after our registration period has ended or for more information. 780.476.6281 | email@example.com
If you are adding a new student you must register them with the district before the April deadline even if you already have children attending ECS. (e.g. a child starting Kindergarten or another grade).
- NOTE: If your child is currently enroled in a different Edmonton Public School and would like them to attend ECS in the upcoming year you must log in to your parent SchoolZone account and indicate your school choice for the upcoming year before the April deadline.
New siblings who are registered before the April deadline are admitted first, space permitting. Newly registered students are not guaranteed a seat at ECS. After all registrations have been received (mid-April) the schools review the forms and determine classes based on the number of available seats.
More information can be found on our Admissions page.
Edmonton Christian Schools does not charge tuition since we are an Alternative Program under the Edmonton Public School Board.
However, we do charge a Christian Program Fee. This fee provides students with Christian programming and school facilities; ECS owns and operates it’s school buildings independently of EPSB. (This Christian Program Fee is not tuition but is sometimes erroneously referred to as such.)
The Christian Program Fee Schedule can be found here.
The Christian Program Fee does not include School Fees (Course fees, Field Trips Fees, School Supplies, Club Fees, Bus Passes, etc). School fees are different than the Christian Program Fee; School Fees are set and collected yearly by each individual school.
Edmonton Christian Schools (ECS) wishes to enrol all new families who sincerely desire a Christian education for their children. In order to best accommodate all families, we have Enrolment Boundaries and Optimal Enrolment Limits in place.
- Enrolment Boundary:
- New families* wishing to register their children at Northeast School must reside east of 82 street. This boundary encompasses areas outside of the City of Edmonton such as Sherwood Park, Gibbons, Fort Saskatchewan, Bon Accord and CFB Edmonton/Lancaster Park. This boundary will be enforced due to continuing space concerns at our Northeast School.
- If West School experiences space concerns, new families* who reside west of 82 street will receive priority.
- There are currently no enrolment boundaries for Edmonton Christian High School.
- Optimal Enrolment Limits: If the number of new student registrations exceeds the number of available spaces at West School, Northeast School or the High School, new students will be chosen by a random selection conducted by Edmonton Public Schools.
- Only applicants who have submitted all documents and fees prior to the April deadline, and who have attended the ECS information session may participate in a random selection.
- After the April registration deadline, new students may be enroled on a first come-first served basis but only in grades that have space and that were not part of a random selection process.
*The term “new family” applies to families that did not have a child registered in ECS Grades K-12 in the prior year.
We offer a distinctively Christian program that integrates faith, learning, and service into the entire curriculum and program; challenges students to actively play their role in God’s story. Our vision for all students is that they accept Christ’s invitation to live for renewal.
The Edmonton Society for Christian Education (the Society) stepped out in faith to open Edmonton Christian Schools (ECS) in 1949, and we have been welcoming new families ever since. Today, the Society partners with the Edmonton Public School Board to run Edmonton Christian Schools as an Alternative Program. ECS follows the Alberta curriculum and meets or exceeds all Alberta Education requirements.
Siblings of students who currently attend Edmonton Christian West or Northeast School receive priority position in the same school only if the new sibling is registered before the April deadline.
Siblings who register after the April deadline cannot be guaranteed a seat. Late registrations will be accepted only if space permits.
Kindergarten is a half-time, full-day program at Edmonton Christian Schools.
AGE RESTRICTIONS: Child must be 5 on or before Dec 31, 2021. (Children must start Grade 1 if they are 6 years old or older on September 1 of the same school year.)
Northeast School children will be placed in either:
Monday/Wednesday class plus alternating Fridays or;
Tuesday/Thursday class plus alternating Fridays
West School children will be placed in either:
Monday/Wednesday class plus alternating Thursdays or;
Tuesday/Friday class plus alternating Thursdays
Visit our Admissions Page for more application information.
Edmonton Christian Schools (ECS) wishes to enrol all families who sincerely desire a Christian education for their children.
Visit our Admissions Page for more information regarding applying to ECS.
ETS: Many Junior High and High School students use the Edmonton Transit Service (ETS). More information regarding ETS School Specials and standard ETS routes can be found on the ETS Website.
Yellow Bus: There are two yellow bus services available to some ECS students:
- Edmonton Christian Schools Transportation Services for students residing west of the City and students requiring the shuttle bus between the North East School and the High School.
- Edmonton Public School Board Transportation Services for some students residing within the City of Edmonton.
School uniforms are not worn at any Edmonton Christian School.
As Christians, we strive to represent Jesus Christ and to glorify God in all aspects of our lives, including the choices we make in clothing and appearance. Students are expected to dress in apparel that is suitable for school work and school activities.
The Edmonton Society for Christian Education runs a private and accredited preschool program for 4 year-olds. This program is not associated with Edmonton Public Schools.
It runs annually from mid-September through mid-June.
More information regarding the preschool can be found at the preschool website.
Please note that preschool enrolment does not guarantee a seat at Edmonton Christian West or Northeast school for Kindergarten. Kindergarten students must register as a new student.
Please call your child’s school and follow the directory prompts.
We cannot release the names of our students or class lists publically. If you need a class list please contact your child’s teacher.
If you’d like to get in contact with a teacher or administration at any of our three schools please contact that school office directly. You can also find the names of your child’s teachers by logging into your parent SchoolZone account.
If you’re looking for a career with Edmonton Christian Schools, please visit the EPSB Career page. This includes all employment opportunities: support staff, teachers, and exempt staff.
There are no daycares or before and after school care available through Edmonton Christian Schools.