Frequently Asked Questions
Applications for the 2020-2021 school year will be accepted from February 3 – April 15.
Application Forms can be found:
- electronically on our website (print at home)
- pre-printed at any Edmonton Christian School office
- pre-printed at the Society Office
Completed forms must be returned by April 15th at 4:00pm in order to be included in the Priority Application Period. Applications received after April 15th will be considered on a first-come-first-served basis only in grades that have space and were not part of a random selection process.
If you have any questions please call the Society Office. 780.476.6281
We offer a distinctively Christian program that integrates faith, learning, and service into the entire curriculum and program; challenges students to actively play their role in God’s story. Our vision for all students is that they accept Christ’s invitation to live for renewal.
The Edmonton Society for Christian Education (the Society) stepped out in faith to open Edmonton Christian Schools (ECS) in 1949, and we have been welcoming new families ever since. Today, the Society partners with the Edmonton Public School Board to run Edmonton Christian Schools as an Alternative Program. ECS follows the Alberta curriculum and meets or exceeds all Alberta Education requirements.
Many grades are now full for the current school year. Mid-year admissions are considered on a case by case basis and only if space permits. Please call us if you’d like to enrol after our application period has ended or for more information. 780.476.6281
Edmonton Christian Schools does not charge tuition since we are an Alternative Program under the Edmonton Public School Board.
However, we do charge a Christian Program Fee. This fee provides students with Christian programming and school facilities; ECS owns and operates it’s school buildings independently of EPSB. (This Christian Program Fee is not tuition but is sometimes erroneously referred to as such.)
The Christian Program Fee Schedule for the 2020/2021 school year can be found here.
The Christian Program Fee does not include School Fees (Course fees, Field Trips Fees, School Supplies, Club Fees, Bus Passes, etc). School fees are different than the Christian Program Fee; School Fees are set and collected yearly by each individual school.
- West School Fees
- Northeast School Fees – please contact the school office for more information
- High School Fees – please contact the school office for more information
Edmonton Christian Schools (ECS) wishes to enrol all families who sincerely desire a Christian education for their children.
Visit our Admissions Page for more information regarding applying to ECS.
Each of our three schools is serviced by two busing systems:
- Edmonton Christian Schools Transportation Services for students residing west of the City and students requiring the shuttle bus between the North East School and the High School.
- Edmonton Public School Board Transportation Services for students residing within the City of Edmonton.
School uniforms are not worn at any Edmonton Christian School.
As Christians, we strive to represent Jesus Christ and to glorify God in all aspects of our lives, including the choices we make in clothing and appearance. Students are expected to dress in apparel that is suitable for school work and school activities and would include the minimum standards of neatness, cleanliness, and modesty. Full dress code details can be found in the school handbook which can be requested from the school office.
Siblings of students who attended Edmonton Christian West School/Northeast School in the prior year receive priority position in the same school only if they are added during the re-enrolment process (before the April deadline). Siblings who apply after the April deadline cannot be guaranteed a seat. Late applications will be accepted only if space permits.
Kindergarten is a half-time, full-day program at Edmonton Christian Schools.
AGE RESTRICTIONS: 2020-2021 school year – Child must be 5 on or before Dec 31, 2020. (Children must start Grade 1 if they are 6 years old or older on September 1 of the same school year.)
Northeast School children will be placed in either:
Monday/Wednesday class plus alternating Fridays or;
Tuesday/Thursday class plus alternating Fridays
West School children will be placed in either:
Monday/Wednesday class plus alternating Thursdays or;
Tuesday/Friday class plus alternating Thursdays
Visit our Admissions Page for more details.
Our Preschool program runs annually from mid-September through mid-June.
2020-2021 School Year:
- September 14, 2020 – June 11, 2021
- Children must be 4 years old by December 31, 2020.*
Northeast Preschool – choice of:
- Monday/Wednesday Morning classes: 8:30 – 11:00 a.m. or;
- Monday/Wednesday Afternoon classes: 12:15 – 2:45 p.m. or;
- Friday Morning class: 8:30 – 11:00 a.m. (Friday morning class can be added as a third-day option for M/W students.)
West Preschool – choice of:
- Monday/Wednesday Morning classes: 8:45 – 11:15 a.m. or:
- Tuesday/Friday Morning classes: 8:45 – 11:15 a.m. or;
- Thursday Morning class: 8:45 – 11:15 a.m. (Thursday morning class can be added as a third-day option for M/W or T/F students.)
Preschool applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis, however, children of current families and children who are 4 years old by December 31, 2020, receive first priority.
*Three-year-old children can be accepted after August 15, if space allows.
Visit our Admissions Page to apply.
There are no daycares or before and after school care available through Edmonton Christian Schools.
Please call your child’s school and follow the directory prompts.
If you’re looking for a career with Edmonton Christian Schools, please visit the EPSB Career page. This includes all employment opportunities: support staff, teachers, and exempt staff.
Edmonton Christian Schools (ECS) wishes to enrol all new families who sincerely desire a Christian education for their children. In order to best accommodate all families, we have Enrolment Boundaries and Optimal Enrolment Limits in place.
- Enrolment Boundary:
- New families* wishing to register their children at Northeast School must reside east of 82 street. This boundary encompasses areas outside of the City of Edmonton such as Sherwood Park, Gibbons, Fort Saskatchewan, Bon Accord and CFB Edmonton/Lancaster Park. This boundary will be enforced due to continuing space concerns at our Northeast School.
- If West School experiences space concerns, new families* who reside west of 82 street will receive priority.
- There are no enrolment boundaries for Edmonton Christian High School.
- Optimal Enrolment Limits: If the number of new student applications exceeds the number of available spaces at West School, Northeast School or the High School, new students will be chosen by a random selection conducted by Edmonton Public Schools.
- Only applicants who have submitted all documents and fees prior to the April deadline, and who have attended the ECS information session may participate in a random selection.
- After the April enrolment deadline, new students may be enroled on a first come-first served basis but only in grades that have space and that were not part of a random selection process.
*The term “new family” applies to families that did not have a child registered in ECS Grades K-12 in the prior year.
We cannot release the names of our students or class lists publically. If you need a class list please contact your child’s teacher.
If you’d like to get in contact with a teacher or administration at any of our three schools please contact that school office directly. You can also find the names of your child’s teachers by logging into your parent SchoolZone account.