APPLICATION PROCESS FOR FAMILIES NEW TO EDMONTON CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS (ECS):
(Current ECS families, please go to the “current students” tab for information about re-enrolment.)
Thank you for your interest in Edmonton Christian Schools. The priority application period for the 2020-2021 school year is now closed. Most grades are full. Please contact our office for information regarding late applications and space availability.
STEP 1 – Download and read the ‘Enrolment Process and Checklist’ document:
Enrolment Process and Checklist – This document includes a list of required paperwork, important deadlines, a detailed application process, and pertinent information.
*NEW* –> Please note, schools remain closed to students and visitors due to COVID-19, new student registrations must now be submitted online. If your child is new to the Division, you must complete our Online Registration/Application forms, fill out and upload the Student Registration Form and submit supporting documents before your child(ren) can be registered for the upcoming school year.
Our school will no longer accept printed registrations. Do not drop off student registration forms at the school.
Submitting a registration package after the deadline of April 15, 2020 may limit your options to schools with available space. Learn more about registration dates and deadlines.
STEP 2 – Apply:
NOTE: Applications for the 2020-2021 school year will be accepted from February 3, 2020 to April 15, 2020 at 4:00pm.
The following forms must be completed in full and submitted online by April 15th to be included in our priority enrolment process:
1. Online Registration Form (EPSB).
You will need to use an existing Google account or create a free account.
Please make sure you select the appropriate school below:
2. Online Application Form for Edmonton Christian Schools (ECS)
NOTE: The following items will be requested during your online EPSB registration process. All documents must be uploaded in order to submit the form. Please ensure that you are providing clear photos and the entire page is visible for each document submitted.
A completed and signed Student Registration form.
– Fill out the form electronically, print a copy and scan the completed copy, or print and take clear photos of each completed page.
Legal proof of the student’s name, citizenship and birth date.
– Examples of accepted documentation:
- Canadian provincial birth certificate
- Canadian citizenship document
- student visa
- In some cases, immigration documents (e.g. landed immigrant documentation or a Permanent Residence Card) may also be required. Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for more information.
Confirmation of address for the student’s parent/guardian.
– Examples of accepted documentation:
- driver’s license
- utility bill
- home insurace
- property tax bill
- In some cases, you may be asked to provide more than one of the above.
3. Please print, scan and email the following documents to email@example.com:
Confirmation of Registration
Once you have submitted your completed student registration form and supporting documents, we will review all of the documents. This does not mean your child has been enrolled at the school—we will contact you to let you know once your child is enrolled.
We will contact you if we need clarification about any of the documents you submit.
For junior high and high school registrations—once we confirm your enrolment, we will reach out to you for your course requests.
Other Ways to Register
Families who are unable to register online can mail their completed Student Registration form and copies of their supporting documents to the following address:
18004-116 Avenue NW
Edmonton AB T5S 1L5
To be part of Edmonton Public Schools pre-enrolment process, we strongly suggest families register online to ensure their documents are received before 4 p.m. on April 15, 2020, in case postal service is interrupted.
STEP 3 – Attend Information Session: (TBD based on public health recommendations at that time.)
Following the submission of a completed application package, you will be required to attend an information session at your preferred school to discuss the Christian program and answer any remaining questions. (This is not the same as the Open House.) Only families who have attended an information session are considered for admission.
We will contact you by email to schedule this session once we receive all application requirements. Information sessions are scheduled in early-mid April. Please make sure your preferred email address is clearly written on your application form.
An application fee will be requested at this time if it was not already previously paid. ($25 non-refundable application fee (per family). Cash, cheque payable to ESCE, or debit at the Society Office.)
STEP 4 – Enrolment Confirmation:
Following the information session, you will be notified of your child’s acceptance status. Where needed, random selections will be completed, and parents notified, on April 23, 2020.
The following documents are informational:
- Age requirements: (2020-2021 school year) Child must be 5 on or before Dec 31, 2020. Children must start Grade 1 if they are 6 years old or older on September 1 of the same school year.
- Schedule: Kindergarten is a full day, half-time program at Edmonton Christian Schools. (Your child will attend 2-3 days per week for the full day).
- Northeast School:
- Monday/Wednesday plus alternating Fridays or;
- Tuesday/Thursday plus alternating Fridays
- West School:
- Monday/Wednesday plus alternating Thursdays or;
- Tuesday/Friday plus alternating Thursdays
Information regarding EPSB Kindergarten Inclusive Learning Services
International Students – Click Here
The motto at Edmonton Christian Preschool is Learning Through Play In A Christian Setting. Preschool is an excellent opportunity to introduce faith-based learning for young students.
Preschool applications for the 2020-2021 school year will be accepted beginning February 3, 2020. Preschool applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis, however, children of current families and children who are 4 years old by December 31, 2020 receive first priority.
*Please deliver all completed forms to the school or scan and email them to us. firstname.lastname@example.org
Northeast Preschool – choice of:
- Monday/Wednesday Morning classes: 8:30 – 11:00 a.m. or;
- Monday/Wednesday Afternoon classes: 12:15 – 2:45 p.m. or;
- Friday Morning class: 8:30 – 11:00 a.m. (Friday class can also be added as a third-day option for M/W students.)
West Preschool – choice of:
- Monday/Wednesday Morning classes: 8:45 – 11:15 a.m. or:
- Tuesday/Friday Morning classes : 8:45 – 11:15 a.m. or;
- Thursday Morning class: 8:45 – 11:15 a.m. (Thursday class can also be added as a third-day option for M/W or T/F students.)
- Four-year-old children receive priority for the preschool program but three-year-old children can be accepted after August 15, if space allows.
- Children must be 4 years old by December 31, 2020 to qualify as a four-year-old.
- Two-year-olds cannot be admitted to a Preschool program.
- Preschool applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis, however, children of current families and children who are 4 years old by December 31, 2020 receive first priority.
- Children must be toilet trained.
- Our program runs from mid-September through mid-June.
- The Edmonton Christian Preschool does not have the facilities or license to accommodate children with special needs.