Development and Admissions Officer
Since 1949, Edmonton Christian Schools have transformed lives by providing high quality, Christ-centered education to students from the greater Edmonton area. Partnering with Edmonton Public Schools, the Edmonton Society for Christian Education supports and monitors the Christian Alternative Program within our two K-9 schools and our high school. Edmonton Christian Schools is one of the largest Christian school programs in Canada, with a total annual enrolment of approximately 1500 students.
In the spring of 2021, the Board decided to create the position of Development and Admissions Officer. The dual-role position incorporates many of the Society related activities that had been previously incorporated into the Development Coordinator position, but it also includes duties related to admissions and student enrolment..
A key role within the organization, the Development and Admissions Officer will utilize his/her strong interpersonal and communication skills, combined with their passion for Christ-centered education, to promote and grow our K-12 Christian Alternative Program. We’re looking for a friendly and organized Individual to coordinate our nonprofit donation strategies and help us attract and enroll students to our K-12 programs.
Reporting to the executive director, this professional must have an established background in the development field and strong interpersonal and communication skills. Building community, developing relationships, and “telling our story” are the key components of this position.
- The development officer role involves organizing large-scale fundraising initiatives, working with board members, managing our annual fund and building relationships with donors, staff and volunteers. The development officer will also implement major giving and planned giving fundraising strategies.
- The admissions officer role involves responding to information requests, coordinating tours, participating in and/or leading new family information sessions, and participating in Open House and other promotional events.
The following are the key duties and responsibilities of the Development and Admissions Officer:
Donor Relations Management (65%):
- Acts as the project lead on all annual giving appeals, including the Annual Membership Drive
- Coordinates, plans and evaluates our community fundraising events, including our annual goods and services auction and fall golf tournament
- Manages and stewards the Alumni program
- Maintains detailed records of all donor (including major donors) contact, history and moves management; ensures timely and personal appreciation and recognition is completed
- Manages the monthly giving program, working closely with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- Works with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator to develop and enhance promotion and recognition tools aimed at individual donors (website, print pieces, email content, story/pic/video library, frames)
- Communicates with donors and staff via email, phone or social media
- Answers donor and staff inquiries in a timely fashion
- Uses prospect research tools and your donor database to build donor relationships
- Identifies and stewards prospective donors.
- Stays on top of fundraising trends and the nonprofit community
Donor Database Administration (10%):
- Acts as the organization’s donor database administrator
- Performs regular database maintenance, including system backups and duplicate management
- Tracks and reports on data for fundraising; assists in the creation of event revenue reports
Admissions Liaison (25%):
- Responds to information requests and helps prospective students and their families determine if we are the “right fit”
- Provides consultations with prospective students when requested
- Participates in (or delivers) info sessions as needed, including Open House and other promotional events
Other duties as assigned
The following are the principal qualifications for this position:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Development and Admissions Officer. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, and skills required. Job descriptions are somewhat fluid and will change depending on the agency’s strategic direction and overall strategic objectives.
Applications will be accepted through June 30, 2021 and early submissions are encouraged. The proposed start date for this position is September 1, 2021. The salary range will start at $62,724 and be commensurate with education and experience.
Please send application materials (resume, cover letter, and references) to:
Sid de Haan
Edmonton Society for Christian Education